MAKAWAO ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
Thursday, March 3,
MINUTES OF THE MEETING
Honda, Wailana Purdy-Kaai, Wendy Wilhelm, Susan Harper, Beatrice Nobriga, Ann
Saffery, Monica Hackett, Michelle West, Emy Hughes, Kahopewai Mateaki
CALLED TO ORDER -
The meeting was called to order at 2:10 pm by Susan.
- ACADEMIC & FINANCIAL PLAN – Robyn mentioned that a
Kindergarten position was being advertised for next school year.
- 2011-2012 SCHOOL CALENDAR – So far, there are P/C
Days scheduled for Nov. 1, 2011 and Mar. 9, 2012. Also, July 26 & 27
will be Admin Days and July 28 & 29 will be teacher initiated days.
- DATA TEAMS – Robyn shared the process that the teachers
are learning to help students do better. They will be looking at test
scores, classwork, etc and coming up with strategies to improve.
- HAWAII PUBLIC RADIO – HPR will do an interview with
parent and SCC board member Monica Hackett about RP and itŐs benefits. To
be broadcast Mar. 9.
- PLAYGROUND – Custodians are cleaning it up. Wailana
will be taking classes one by one to go over rules and proper usage before
- SCHOOL PICTURES - Monica brought up looking at other photo
studios to take school pictures as Nagamine was pricier than Action
Photos, which did Kalama. However, service and quality are something that
Nagamine provides more of.
- FUN RUN - Possible Fun Run date for next year is Sept. 30,
- ADJOURNMENT – Susan adjourned the meeting at 3:15 pm.